Junior Web Developer in GIS
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Interview dates: Mid March 2017
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter clearly outlining your experience and why you’d be great at the role advertised to email@example.com
Mapping for Change (MfC) is a friendly and forward thinking social enterprise, based in a vibrant office environment at UCL. We are looking for a junior web developer to complete our team.
If you have knowledge of interface design; an interest in systems architecture and can offer technical support to assist our projects, with bespoke geographic web technologies, then we would like to hear from you. As you may have guessed from our name -a passion for maps and enabling positive change within communities is also important! Head to our community maps platform for an idea of the type of things we do.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Maintain our current frontends (AngularJS and Django’s templating with jQuery)
– Maintain our backend (Django/Python based application serving REST API)
– Make sure the code is stable and unit tests pass, deploy on servers
– Participate in European projects (you may need to travel throughout Europe and out of usual working hours)
– HTML5 and CSS3 (Less)
– Knowledge of open-source, spatial and non-spatial technologies
– Unit testing
– Fluent English -written and oral skills
– Be a team player
– Problem solving attitude
– Knowing your way around GitHub/Travis CI/Coveralls
– Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
– WordPress templating experience
– Server administration experience
Mapping for Change is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from members of all communities.